Kidlets

Kidlets

Friday, December 17, 2010

Why?

Why does CHRISTMAS come so much faster when you are an adult? I remember waiting and waiting as a child for christmas to come. It seemed like the tree was up for months. Now, I feel like I just barely put it up. I want time in general to slow down. I wish I could enjoy life more and not feel like it is passing me by. Does anyone else feel like this?


Okay, so I have been so on top of Christmas this year. I was practically done by Thanksgiving. I wanted to be able to just enjoy, watch Chrismtas movies, and cook treats for my friends and family, but in my haste I sent out my Christmas cards without including a letter. I never have done a letter before because I felt like we really didn't have anything exciting to share-lame I know. But this year a lot has happened and I LOVE getting Christmas updates from your families so I decided to put one on the blog to update y'all on us. I also didn't send out as many I as normally have because I didn't have a lot of addresses and frankly just wanted to get them out so I didn't spend too much time tracking people down. But I do think of so many of you from Riverton, Orem, Midvale, and SF. I know you can't keep in touch with EVERYONE, but I think often of the people who we have shared memories and time with and hope you all have a great Christmas!

Here we are a few days after Thanksgiving!




So our 2010 opened with the birth of our third child, Corinne. She was born on a cold January night. She has been such a blessing. I have enjoyed her so much. I think now that I know what I'm doing a little more as a mother, I have been able to just love her and not stress. She has brought me and the whole family so much love! I mean seriously....look at that face!


In February, George turned 5! He loves birthdays and presents and had a great birthday. He is such a home/family boy though and he didn't want a friend party. We had a great time as a family celebrating his birthday. He started school in August and really likes it. He gets bored sometimes, but has learned to read and has made friends with a few boys. It is fun seeing him have some of the same feelings I remember having as I started school. He loves his little sisters and is always concerned for me if I'm ever sick or tired or upset. He has such a good spirit. He is also a rowdy boy who jumps off of anything and teases me and the girls incessently.



In May we bought a home in Saratoga Springs. We love it here, although moving is always hard! Our home needed a new yard put in so Steve and some of our family members WORKED SO HARD digging up the absolutley dead, weedy yard, preping it, and seeding it. It now is Steve's pride and joy. He literally would come home from work and gaze at the lawn for about 15 minutes before coming in the house. It is lovely and the kids will enjoy having green grass! We have been painting and updating the house a little bit, but it has been the biggest blessing.


I began teaching piano when we moved our here and it is so much fun! I have 10 students who are all wonderful to teach. I'm so glad that my mom told me I COULD NOT quit piano. I think I will always teach, I just have to do it minimally right now while my kids are young. I have a neice who comes over to watch the kids while I do the bulk of my lessons. My love for music has been renewed through teaching and I love working on different songs.


Ruby, Ruby, Ruby. I don't know what we would do without her. She loves life! She loves eating, playing, swimming, movies, daddy, coloring, dancing. She is so openly affectionate and loves her family. She goes to Pre-school once a week and always has fun. She loves to play outside and turned 3 in November. She had a Princess Party with her Pre-school class and loved her presents and cake. Whenever I come in the room, she says, "well hello mom." She is so precious and sweet. Steve started a new job in October! He works for TD Ameritrade and loves it. He is still finishing his Master's Degree with only 3 more classes. He works so hard for us and we all love when he his home! Corinne especially goes crazy when he walks in the door!

Steve was saying the problem with blogs is that everyone's lives look perfect. It's true we put on the good face for others. Not that we should focus on the challenges, but of course we have them. But overall this year has been filled with blessings, family, and great memories. We hope you feel the Spirit of Christ as we celebrate his birth and the gift that is his life!

Love,

The Davis Family

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Hello Davis family! Looks like you guys are doing well. Those kids are so cute. I can't believe how big they're all getting. We miss you so much! Have a Merry Christmas.

the coltons said...

i loved this christmas letter! you look so gorgeous in that picture - on temple square? can't wait to see you next week!

Casee said...

Michelle,

I am so glad to see and hear that you and your family are well. And my, you have such beautiful children! Merry Christmas to you all!

Suzanne G said...

SO happy to read your update. Everyone sounds so good! You deserve the best always! Miss you!

rachwheel said...

Great update! You're right, blogs don't tell all. But it's fun to reflect on the good things about life through writing.
You are more gorgeous than ever, Michelle! Steve sure lucked out with you. What a beautiful family! George looks like a little Steve.
So happy you are all doing well.
Enjoy each moment that it comes :)