Kidlets

Kidlets

Saturday, October 16, 2010

So I tripped and fell at Lagoon....

I knew that would get your attention. Yeah, so I fell......like down.......on the cement.....in public. This wasn't just a trip, oh no- this was a flat out fall and tear my pants, bleeding knees, painful fall. I haven't fallen or really hurt myself in years. I watch my little ones fall all the time and get scrapes and bruises and bumps, give them a hug and tell them to keep playing. Now, I have a lot more sympathy for them. I must be getting old because they rest of the day I felt like I couldn't walk. My hands hurt and my knees were on FIRE! It must not affect kids like it does old people like me. It was kind of funny. Ruby said, "what did you do mom, did you just trip?" It must have been kind of shocking to see me like that flat on the ground. I'm healing up nicely thanks:)
So now that I've entertained you all with my humiliating experience of falling. Let's move on.
George and I at Lagoon (pre-fall)


I'm back. Come on, it has only been 7 months. Serious slackage in the blog department- Thanks to all those who haven't given up on me and encouraged me to update. I really love tapping into your lives and the absolute cuteness of your kids so let me share some cuteness with you.


Corinne is growing so much. She is 9 months and she is obviously very happy! Coco has been such a good baby for our family. She has made me a better mom-given me more perspective on what life is really about. She eats great and smiles ALL THE TIME- At least with people she knows. Like all my kids she has been wary of strangers. I don't know if I have done something to cause this, but I know it bugs some people that my kids aren't "good with other people" but I can honestly say I don't know what to do about it. They are who they are! Take us or leave us. I'm a little sensitive to issue lately......I'm working through it:)


George took Karate lessons over the summer. He loved it! He wants to wear his karate clothes for halloween. He started kindergarten and is reading really well. There is no more "baby" in my baby boy! He wants to do everything Steve does and would live outside if I let him. I love his personality.
Ruby started preschool-a few moms and myself take turns everyweek teaching the class. She is always a little hesitant to go, but then always enjoys it. This girl just loves life. She loves family, reminds us to read scriptures, takes care of all of us and adds such sweetness to my life. She wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's or Grandma's every day. She talks about her cousins constantly and is a smarty pants!

We bought a home in Saratoga Springs in May. It is really nice having more room and having our own home. It is a lot of work though, the yard was in total disarray and the house needed (still needs) a facelift, but it is such a blessing. I love the area. It is absolutley beautiful out here. I have never appreciated Utah Lake, but it is so pretty from this side. I'm still getting to know people in the neighborhood, everyone is very nice. George and Ruby have found a few friends, but they honestly prefer just playing together.

Steve is still working hard and finishing up his Master's Degree. I have 10 piano students and am trying to play more.

I better stop here lest I lose my readers.....this is getting long. I will post some picture of the house soon. Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

the coltons said...

i'm definitely one of your faithful readers! :) i love your kids - they are so cute. we should get together again in a bit. do you have any interest in taking them to gardner village to see the witches?

John & Tiffani said...

I was waiting to see some post fall pictures! Keep writing I love reading it!

Julie Peterson said...

Michelle, It's great to see an update!!! congrats on the new house, how exciting!! I can't belive how fast your kids are growing up. So cute!!!!

Julie Peterson

Unknown said...

Glad you are back!

Lamb Fam said...

So great to hear from you!! Your kids are absolutely beautiful... and BIG! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you guys!
And I'm sorry about "the fall." If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar fall in the middle of Fashion Place mall. At Christmas time so it was PACKED with people. And I was a week away from delivering Addi. I thought my water broke but I just peed my pants. It was bad.

Scott and Jillian said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear all the great stuff going on with you guys! I didn't realize that George was the same age as our kiddos, 'cause they started kindergarten this fall, too! Isn't it so crazy how fast our kids are growing up?!

Suzanne G said...

Hi Michelle! I love that you updated your blog. Thank you, thank you! Your children are so beautiful just like you. I just love seeing pictures and reading little segments of your life.

The comment you left on my blog was so warm and thoughtful, thank you!

Congrats on the house!

LizzieB said...

Yay for the update...and boo for the fall. The sweet (and in Georges case - tough) Davis kids are too cute. Look forward to hearing about more of your insights and adventures!