Kidlets

Kidlets

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Very Useful Website

Okay so I don't need to tell anyone about the trashy movies that are out there. I'm a big believer of keeping bad media out of your house, your mind and your life. I have felt the effects of watching "bad"movies or t.v. shows and I have also felt the effects of not watching these things. However, I love to be entertained, nothing is more relaxing than watching a good movie after the kids go to bed....accompanied by lots of chocolate ice cream! However, I am wary about renting even PG-13 movies because some of them are totally offensive whereas others are reasonable to watch. Well I found this website www.kids-in-mind.com. It breaks down what the movie has in it in terms of sexuality, profanity, and violence. Movies that are PG-13 can range so drastically in these categories it is nice to check out which ones you are comfortable with. I also just want to say that I know everyone has their own opinions and comfort levels with movies....people can watch what they want to,.I don't want to come off like a prude, but let's face sometimes Hollywood crosses lines and I want to know which lines are being crossed before I see movie.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi, thanks for the comment. I hope your Christmas was good too. I'm with you about movies. It's getting harder & harder to find good movies. I actually have a hard time watching movies with other people either because I'm not sure what they'll pick, or I'm not sure what's in the movie I picked! Thanks for the link.

Foster Mom said...

AMEN, MIss you guys! Come over soon! and we got a new blog address, it's http://katietravisaudreybrad.blogspot.com/, so come check us out!

Kate