Kidlets

Kidlets

Monday, July 7, 2008

America the Beautiful!

I love the 4th of July. After graduating with a history degree, I have a much deeper appreciation for America, American values, and those who have fought and died for my freedom. The concept of democracy and freedom was something people worked for, fought for, and died for. I am overwhelmingly grateful to live in this country. I don't know why I was so lucky, but I am determined to not take it for granted anymore and do what I can to be a great American.


We kept with tradition and drove to provo for the parade and then we had a bbq with my sister and then went to Steve's mom and dad's. We hung out with them for a while and then went to watch the fire works at the stadium of fire. It was awesome, they were so loud and huge and patriotic. It took forever to get out of the parking lot, but it was well worth it.
Here is George enjoying a chocolate donut during the parade. He couldn't focus on smiling, but at least he is the picture right?

6 comments:

Jolisa said...

Michelle, you are so patriotic! The kids looked so cute. I wish I could have been there. I missed our traditional Fourth bbq!

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest sunglasses! Where did you get them? Oh, and your kids are adorable too, of course :)

the coltons said...

i love those days filled with tradition - they are so much fun and your kids are growing up with the same traditions as you :) i love it.

Brynn said...

That was a really sweet comment you left me, thanks. Im happy to see you added a new post, it is fun to read. Your son looks so cute with that chocolate on his face, i seem to have a few of those type of pictures too ;)! So I am curious did your son or even your daughter ever go through a hitting stage, and if so what did you do? You always seemed to have good advice and perspective on things, so I figured I'd ask for some more now.

Casee said...

I feel exactly the same way. How blessed we are. Thanks for the reminder.

You have such a beautiful family!

Daisy said...

Michelle!!! Oh my goodness how are you? it seems like it has been forever. You have 2 kids!! and they are so cute. How is life? You look just beautiful. It has been so fun looking at you blog. You will have to let me know how life is going for you and what you are up to!